Important COVID-19 Updates

If you are impacted by COVID-19, please click here for additional information.

A newer version of your browser is available. Older versions may limit your ability to access some of this site's functionality. Citizens Bank recommends upgrading your browser.

Learn More

Download the newest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer

Clear Search

Having trouble making your mortgage payments?

If you need mortgage assistance, Citizens One offers solutions to help you stay in your home.

Having trouble making your mortgage payments?

At Citizens One, we’re here to help. We offer an array of options designed to help you stay in your home, relieve you of your home, and ease your financial burden.

Options to help you stay in your home

Repayment Plans
If you have the ability to resume making payments in addition to a portion of the past due payment(s), a repayment plan could work for you.

Loan Modification
If you wish to remain in your home, but need to explore ways to adjust your monthly payments to bring your loan current, we may be able to modify your loan.

Experiencing a short-term hardship? We may be able to temporarily suspend or reduce your monthly mortgage payments with a forbearance.

If you are current on your mortgage and wish to take advantage of lower interest rates and affordable monthly payments, refinancing may be a smart choice. Contact a home loan originator today at 1-888-207-1667 to discuss your refinancing options.

Options to relieve you of your home

Short Sale
Owe more money on your mortgage than your home is worth? A short sale, which allows you to sell your home and settle your mortgage debt for less than you owe, may be right for you. In some instances, relocation assistance may be available.

Deed in Lieu
A deed in lieu allows you to transfer the ownership of your property to us in order to avoid foreclosure. In some instances, relocation assistance may be available.

Get the Assistance You Need at Our Loan Solution Center

If you’re experiencing difficulty with your mortgage payments, it’s important to contact us immediately. Our online Loan Solution Center makes it easy. To enroll, you’ll need the following information:

  • Loan number
  • Property address
  • Proof of income
  • Current bank statement
  • Itemized expenses
  • Most recent W-2
  • If you are self-employed, we will need your most recent tax return and a copy of your Profit and Loss Statement
  • A summary of your current or anticipated circumstances warranting the need for assistance

Enroll Now

We're Ready to Help

You may contact us at 1-800-456-8855 (Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET) to discuss your options and work with us toward a solution.

Additional Resources:

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offers homeownership counseling at no charge. To locate counseling agencies or programs in your area, call 1-800-569-4287, TDD 1-800-877-8339 or visit

How to Avoid Foreclosure Scams


Below are forms you may need to complete to determine your eligibility for certain options.

Request for Mortgage Assistance Form (FHA, VA and Portfolio loans)

Uniform Borrower Assistance Form (Fannie & Freddie Mac loans)