A newer version of your browser is available. Older versions may limit your ability to access some of this site's functionality. Citizens Bank recommends upgrading your browser.

Learn More

Download the newest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer

Clear Search

Having trouble making your mortgage payment?

We have several options available to assist you if you are having difficulty making your payments.


We are here to help

If you are having difficulty making your payments, it’s very important that you contact us as soon as possible at 1-877-745-7364, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET to discuss options so that we can work with you toward a solution. If you wish to stay in your home we have options available to assist you.


If you are current on your loan and wish to take advantage of lower interest rates and affordable monthly payments, a refinance may be right for you. Contact a home loan originator today at 1-888-207-1667 to discuss refinancing your loan.

Repayment Plans

If you have the ability to resume making regular payments in addition to a portion of the past due payment(s), a repayment plan may be the answer for you.

Loan Modification

If you wish to remain in your home, but need to explore ways to modify your monthly payments to bring your loan current, a loan modification may be right for you.


If you are experiencing a short-term hardship and need to temporarily suspend or reduce your monthly mortgage payments, a forbearance may be the right solution for you.

Avoiding Foreclosure

If you no longer wish to stay in your home, we have options available to help you avoid foreclosure.

Short Sale

If you owe more money on your loan than your home is worth, a short sale may be the right solution for you. A short sale allows you to sell your home and settle your mortgage debt for less than you owe. In some instances, relocation assistance may be available.

Deed in Lieu

A deed in lieu allows you to transfer the ownership of your property to us in order to avoid foreclosure. In some instances, relocation assistance may be available.

Next Steps:

To assist us in expediting your request, please have the following information ready when you call:

  • Loan number
  • Property address
  • Proof of income
  • Current bank statement
  • Itemized expenses
  • Most recent W-2
  • If you are self employed, we will need your most recent tax return and a copy of your Profit and Loss Statement
  • A summary of your current or anticipated circumstances warranting the need for assistance

Additional Resources:

The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offers homeownership counseling at no charge. To locate counseling agencies or programs in your area, call 1-800-569-4287, TDD 1-800-877-8339 or visit www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcs.cfm

How to Avoid Foreclosure Scams


Below are forms you may need to complete to determine your eligibility for certain options.

Request for Mortgage Assistance Form (FHA, VA and Portfolio loans)

Uniform Borrower Assistance Form (Fannie & Freddie Mac loans)

Citizens One Card Services