We protect you with our Zero Liability Protection Policy
Zero Liability Protection Policy
Use your card worldwide knowing that Citizens Bank won't hold you responsible for "unauthorized transactions." As a MasterCard cardholder, zero liability applies to your purchases made in the store, over the telephone, online, or via a mobile device. As a cardholder, you will not be held responsible for unauthorized transactions if:
- You have used reasonable care in protecting your card from loss or theft.
- You have promptly reported to your financial institution when you knew that your MasterCard was lost or stolen.
As soon as you alert us, we act
- If you spot fraudulent or suspicious activity on your account, report it immediately by calling us at 1-800-684-2222.
- We’ll deactivate your current card and issue you a new one.
- Our Internal Claims Group will research all purchases made after the date of the suspicious activity.
- We’ll return the misused funds to your account once our research is complete and all fraudulent purchases have been verified.
We’re committed to your credit card security
We will take every possible action on your behalf to resolve any fraudulent activity quickly, and minimize any inconvenience to you.
For more information on our MasterCard Zero Liability Protection Policy click here for details.